Level 2 and 3 Nursery Nurses
We are looking to recruit Nursery Nurses to join our team. The main purpose of this role is to show consideration for the Forbury Group of Nurseries ‘Ethos’ to create an environment where children are engaged, motivated, independent thinkers, who have a positive attitude to learning, supported by secure and respectful relationships, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and to provide high standards of care and education to children within the nursery. This role is suited to a Level 3 Nursery Nurse, either newly qualified, or more experienced and looking for scope to develop in a childcare career. You will be able to share your ideas and develop in a position alongside experienced nursery practitioners who are happy to support and guide you in your new role. We are committed to your professional development to enable you to continue to progress in a long term career with us.
Come and join us and become part of our friendly team.
HOW WILL YOU USE YOUR SKILLS?
- By providing a happy, healthy and caring environment for children to explore, develop and grow.
- You will be dedicated and committed to giving children individual attention so that their social, emotional and intellectual aspects are fully nurtured.
- Responsible for the delivery of our ‘learning through play’ and ‘in the moment planning’ educational ethos
- Innovating with activities and constantly challenging your children’s learning and development
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Promoting child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Forbury Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment.
- To provide a warm and caring environment for children maintaining high standards of childcare at all times in compliance with Forbury Group of Nurseries policies and procedures and welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation stage framework.
- To be a good role model for other practitioners to promote high standards of professional practice.
- To work with the room leaders to deliver the relevant curriculum in line with current legislation.
- To work as a key person to a group of children to ensure individual needs are met, keeping records and learning journals relevant and up to date.
- To deliver a range of suitable experiences which will meet the needs of individual children, including making adaptations for inclusive practice which also promotes challenge where appropriate.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers, recognising them as the children’s prime educators.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety within the nursery environment, reporting any significant issues to the relevant manager at the first opportunity.
- To support and guide other practitioners in your area of work.
- To ensure written records are completed accurately and stored in line with GDPR regulations.
- To respect the privacy of others including, fellow employees, parents/carers and children, keeping information confidential and storing in line with legal requirements set out in the statutory framework and Data protection act.
Early Years Apprenticeships
We are looking to recruit individuals who are excited to learn and want to develop in a long term childcare career. This position will be ready for you to start with us as soon as you can.
Are you looking for an opportunity to earn as you learn?
An apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to earn as you learn, you will gain on the job experience to complete a Level 2 and/or Level 3 Diploma in Early Education. With the support and guidance from our experienced team you will thrive in a motivating setting. A level 2 apprenticeship will last for approximately 12-14 months and a level 3 will last for 18-23 months. Upon completion, you will have the opportunity to apply for qualified roles in our local nurseries and could be eligible for our apprenticeship reward scheme.
The qualifications are fully funded for applicants aged 16-18 years, we work closely with Chiltern Training LTD- who also offer other funding options for candidates aged 19 years and over. Please speak with our Recruitment Coordinator to find out more.
What can we offer you?
We feel very strongly about our Practitioners professional development and actively encourage our staff through personalised training programmes, to enable you to reach your full potential. We also have a wide range of benefits including;
- Continued scope for career development and progression.
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Rewards for long service
- Celebratory events with cash rewards for team members for continued self-development and commitment to the childcare sector.
- ASK US ABOUT OUR REWARD SCHEME FOR ALL APPRENTICES COMPLETING A LEVEL 2 AND GO ON TO COMPLETE A LEVEL 3 WITH US.
The Job Role:
You will be supported and trained to provide a happy, healthy and caring environment for children to explore, develop and grow. In return we would like you to be dedicated and committed to giving children individual attention so that their social, emotional and intellectual aspects are fully nurtured. Your training will also involve you learning the skills to be able to;
- Effectively Safeguard the children in our care
- Create and maintain strong bonds with Key children and their parents
- To use Tapestry- online learning journals
- Provide all aspects of high quality care for the children including changing and feeding in all age groups
- Plan and observe activities using the EYFS to enable children to develop and progress throughout their early years.
- Adhere to all nursery policies and procedures